Answered By: Daniel Noonan
Last Updated: May 04, 2016     Views: 129

Yes. Unless a record type is required to be maintained in paper by law or regulation we can maintain record or convert record to be maintained electronically. The retention period id the same and the start of the retention is the same--not extended by converting. A Certificate of Records Destruction (CRD) should be competed and forwarded to the University Archivist at the end of the retention period when disposing of the records. A CRD does not need to be completed when disposing of converted paper records, as the record still exists in electronic form.

Related Topics

Ask Us!